Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mmmmm supper




Just like I previously said in my earlier post Mama made a huge beef stew today with dinner rolls. I was going threw my brain files thinking about what to make for a desert. I knew I had some apples int he kitchen but what oh what to do with them. Then I remembered I had a few boxes of Jiffy Mix Corn Bread mix in the cupboard =) Hmm  Well it hit me... upside down apple cake.


I unfortunately didn't get pictures on the preparation but here's how it went =)
3-4 medium sizes apples of your choice.
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dast of nutmeg
1 handfuls sliced almonds
Several droplets of butter
1 box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix.

Cut apples into slices, put in bowl add in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and almonds. Mix until apples are coated well. Put into a greased baking dish (I used an 8X8 and it came out pretty thin). Put the butter on top of the apple mixture in several spots. Set that a side. Then make the Jiffy Mix according to the instructions on the box. Layer the Jiffy Mix over the apples. Make sure to cover all the apples =)
Bake at 350 for about a half hour or until a knife can come out clean threw the cake and apples are tender. Invert onto a dish big enough to hold the cake. Be careful the pan is HOT (Yes I did get a knuckle LOL). All the yummy appley juices sink into the cake Mmmmm. I think the next time I make this I will use a smaller pan so it's thicker, still tastes good all the same.




I do wish I had a pretty display plate to present this yumminess but all I could find was my old pizza pan LOL I think this would be great with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or topped whip cream both wouldn't hurt either (I won't tell LOL)
Hope this post finds you all well,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment